Sunday, January 11, 2015

An Introduction to Ireland


Here are a few photos from my travels so far. I'd say the highlight of my initial experiences thus far has been going to the seaside town of Wicklow, and walking up to an overlook with a small cliff strewn beach and viking ruins, from which you can see the whole city (see my coastal photos below). Walking around Dublin has also been a source of particular interest, seeing the different neighborhoods and the amazing architecture. The city of Dublin is extremely vibrant and welcoming, and has places to explore around every corner. Since being here I've gotten to see the Long Room at Trinity College (below), St. Stephen's Green, The National Art Gallery, Wicklow Gaol, Glendalough Monastery, a show at the Abbey Theater, and several other places. The Trinity College campus is absolutely beautiful, and I can't believe I will actually get to be taking classes there starting this week. 


Long Room at Trinity College Dublin

















Above: A purple door in Dublin
Right: Cliffs at Wicklow















Above: Baggot Street in Dublin
Right: Entrance to St. Stephen's Green in Dublin
Above: Cliffs at Wicklow
Right: M and L section of the Old Library at Trinity


Left:
Steps in Viking ruins in Wicklow

Right: Glendalough Lake

2 comments: